I'm happy to report I am slowly making progress in the powder room. I didn't really think about it at the time, but I guess painting over pumpkin is about like painting over red. It takes A LOT of coats and A LOT of paint, I learned that the hard way. I think it took four coats, I'm not sure though I kind of stopped counting after three. Here it was after two coats. I'm happy to say the first step of the painting is done, now I just have to work on the stripes. The room already looks much bigger and so much more fresh and clean in there.
I also switched out the mirror in there to this one I found at Goodwill. I didn't really mind the gold color so much but wanted something that would pop a little more and wanted to bring in some mint green.
These aren't the best after shots (maybe my sister can teach me to take pictures of a bathroom with no windows and terrible lighitng), but it gives you an idea of how things are looking in there. I painted it with Rustoleum Seaside Green