Just popping in with a quick before and after. This chair was given to me for free by a former coworker/friend. (Thanks Sabrina!) I actually started this chair before we had our baby girl and finally got around to finishing it. I decided to keep the original wood color because it was in good shape and I thought it would be a nice contrast to all the painted white furniture in my office.
I removed all the existing trim
and then just stapled my new fabric over the old fabric, I'm sure there are lots of ways to do this and most probably remove the fabric but this way was easier for me. I cut the fabric slightly larger than what it needed to be and then just trimmed the excess once it was stapled in place.
ignore the vacuum in this pictures, I was multitasking :)
I continued this process with the rest of the chair and then it was time to add the trim. I really wanted to add piping but got intimidated by the thought of it and realized I didn't have enough fabric either, too bad. Thankfully I found some trim at Hobby Lobby for a few dollars that was a perfect match. I just used hot glue to attach the trim which led to some ugly blisters on my fingers, ouch. I scored the fabric for around $4/yard off the remnant table at Hancock Fabrics. I believe its by Premier Prints.
and the after....
I love the way the fuchsia color coordinates with my paintings.
I added this fun clearance pillow from Homegoods
I love the original casters and it makes it easier to move, which is a nice added bonus.
Total cost for this makeover was around $12.