We have a basic sectional in our living room and sometimes I find it hard to figure out the pillow placement for it. Do you make them symmetrical? I'm a bit of a symmetry freak and find it hard to vary from that sometimes. I've been wanting to change things up on my sectional so I found some inspiration images to show how you can mix things up on a sectional.
1. Use multiples of 2 or three different pillows and scatter them around the sectional. I think this creates a really comfortable feel, yet everything feels really cohesive.
2. Use lots of different patterns in a complimentary color scheme with more pillows in the corner. This appeals to the symmetry lover in me, but helps fill up the entire sectional.
3. Create interest by using several different pillows in varying sizes and shapes.
4. Choose pillows that are all the same color with varying textures. This really helps break up the large sectional while still letting the other pieces in the room shine.
5. If you're not crazy about having a ton of pillows on your sofa, try using two oversized lumbars to fill up the space.
When it comes to pillows on sectionals, I really think more is more! If you don't have enough pillows on your sectional it can make the sectional seem like a sea of one color and it can start to feel like it's taking over the room. That was at least the case in my own home. I love using pillows to really express my personal style and love for pattern. They're easy to change out with the season or as my tastes change. After looking through these images I think my sectional is calling out for a few more pillows!