I always knew I wanted different pulls for this dresser. The main reason was this. The ends kept moving and messing up the paint so things started looking really sloppy.
I lived with it for a while (a few years), but then I came across these really inexpensive ring pulls from cool knobs and pulls. They are only $0.99/each so I bought enough to replace the pulls on this dresser. It made a huge difference for $14!
They are a shiny brass so if that's not your thing you could always spray paint them.
Here's how it looked before with the original pulls and some random pulls I put in the middle. I really wasn't feeling the middle ones anymore either. It just didn't look cohesive.
I had to drill new holes and fill in the old ones to avoid the dreaded double knob look. I made a little template with some leftover foam board I had to make the holes line up. This ended up being a really easy way to do it. I just made sure it lined up in the top left corner of each drawer marked the hole and then flipped it over (like the mirror image of the piece of foam board) and put it in the top right hand corner and marked it. It worked like a charm. It's kind of hard to tell from the picture because it's white on white, but here's the template.
And with the new pulls, so much better!
My only frustration with these pulls is that they came with break away screws. I kept having trouble getting them to screw in once I broke them so I ended up just buying some replacements at the hardware store for a couple bucks so it wasn't a big deal.