The office is still a work in progress...slowly but surely. The next project all started when Amanda sent me this stunning picture from Lonny. I'm sure you've seen it by now....
I just love this room and decided some touches of magenta in my office were just what the designer ordered. You see, the office was starting to look a little drab to me, like it needed something. So, I started by adding this simple magenta design to the top of the desk.
I started by painting a broad border of pink around the edges. I let it dry and then taped over it with Frog tape.
Then, I painted over the whole thing again with magenta paint. This helps to "seal" the edges and prevents bleed through. It works every time.
I didn't take a picture of the next step, but I painted over the whole thing with white and then peeled the tape away to reveal my new design! I probably could have done this the opposite way but for me this was the best way to get the pattern I wanted.
and here she is...
p.s.-the lamp was $2.99 at Goodwill!